Hi, I’m Lee. I’m a Reiki Master Teacher with advanced training as both a Certified Medical Reiki Master and a Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner.
Reiki has helped heal my lifelong battle with depression, and also brought me peace, strength, and balance as I have worked through grief and chronic pain. Reiki has transformed the way I view and respond to situations, and the way that I relate to others.
I believe that my purpose is to be of service, and my passion is supporting people and animals on the journey to wellness by providing the healing light of Reiki.
Usui Reiki Master & Teacher: Certified by Anna Dorian, Vibrant Reiki
Animal Reiki Practitioner: Certified by Kathleen Prasad, Animal Reiki Source
Medical Reiki Master: Certified by Raven Keyes, Raven Keyes Medical Reiki International
Certified Medical Reiki Master
What is Medical Reiki?
Medical Reiki is the practice of Reiki in hospitals or other conventional healthcare environments.
I provide Medical Reiki services in the following areas:
· Hospitals (Pre, Post and During Surgery)
· Labor and Delivery
· Cancer treatment centers
· Chemotherapy suites
· Rehabilitation facilities
· Children’s units (NICU, PICU)
· Intensive care units
· Emergency rooms
· Veterans Hospitals
· Assisted Living and Nursing homes
Medical Reiki Benefits
· Reduces pain, anxiety, tension, stress and depression
· Diminishes the side effects of chemotherapy, radiation therapies and medications including anxiety, nausea/vomiting, skin eruptions, fatigue, insomnia
· May decrease the amount of medications needed
· Quiets the mind and calms and soothes emotions
· Accelerates surgical recovery and healing
· Balances the body’s immune system
· Dissolves energy blockages and releases toxins
· Enhances feelings of well-being and empowerment
Caregiver and Staff Benefits
· Immediate relief of stress
· Rebalances and reenergizes the effects of a stressful environment
· Balances the immune system
· Eases caregiver burnout
I am a Certified Medical Reiki Master, trained under Raven Keyes, the founder of Medical Reiki. We are passionate and compassionate about sharing Reiki as a holistic, complementary therapy for patients and their caregivers. For more information on Medical Reiki, please visit http://www.RavenKeyesMedicalReiki.com/
As Medical Reiki Masters we do not diagnose conditions, prescribe, or perform medical treatments, nor do we interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional.
Our mission is to support the patient and/or caregiver in a nurturing holistic way during what is often a very difficult and challenging time.
Medical Reiki™ and You (copyright: Raven Keyes)
Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner
What is Animal Reiki?
Animals are naturally receptive to Reiki energy and tend to gravitate towards it readily. Some pets may initially prefer to experience the energy from a slight distance, rather than having the practitioner’s hands directly on them
Reiki sessions for pets typically last 30 minutes. Some health issues can be resolved in two or three sessions, others may require ongoing sessions on a recurring basis. The frequency and duration of sessions depend entirely on each individual animal’s health status and needs.
Benefits of Reiki for Pets
· Enhances overall well-being. As with people, even healthy pets can have occasional physical, emotional, and mental imbalances that, if left untreated, can manifest as illness. Periodic Reiki treatments can help maintain your pet’s natural state of well-being and balance.
· Strengthens the immune system for cancer therapies. Cancer therapies such as chemotherapy and radiation present stress to an already compromised immune system. Reiki strengthens the immune system to better deal with this additional stress. It helps alleviate or prevent the side effects of conventional cancer treatments and provides pain relief.
· Accelerates healing following surgery or illness. Reiki can alleviate and prevent side effects of conventional medications such as pain killers and antibiotics, and provides pain relief and relaxation to facilitate and enhance the body’s natural healing response.
· Helps with behavior issues by promoting relaxation and stress reduction. Many behavior issues are caused by stress. Reiki has a calming effect on the pet and may help make the pet more receptive to training and behavior modification. Reiki is extremely beneficial for animals with a history of abuse. The gentle touch and the energy can help restore trust in animals who have learned to associate touch with being hurt.
· Provides comfort and relieves pain, anxiety, and fear for terminally ill animals.
· Reiki is a wonderful way to facilitate the transition for terminally ill animals and their owners. Often, animals will not allow themselves to transition because they intuitively feel that their person is not ready to let them go. Joint Reiki treatments for the pet and his or her person can help both through this difficult time by enhancing the bond and allowing a gentle transition.
Reiki treatments are either given in the pet’s home or remotely. Most pets take to the energy readily and enjoy hands-on treatments. Some pets may be more comfortable from a slight distance. Whether given directly hands-on or from across the room, treatments are equally effective.
Reiki can be given remotely. Distance healing, also known as remote healing, is an energetic healing process that can be best explained through the principles of Quantum physics. It has been proven to be extremely effective, sometimes even more effective than local, hands-on healing.
Why Choose Remote Healing Over Hands-On?
Often the person or animal requesting the healing is not in the same geographical area as the practitioner. Remote healing can be a good option for animals who are skittish about being with strangers or too hyper to sit still.
For humans with busy schedules, remote sessions allow them to benefit from the energy without having to make time to drive to and from the session.
Remote treatments are just as effective as in-person treatments, and can be preferable to hands-on treatments in some instances.
Distance treatments are also quick to schedule. In emergency situations, I can usually offer a distance treatment the same day.